April 10, 2018 Council Meeting Minutes not available due to lack of a
- May 15, 2018 Council Minutes
- May 8,2018 Council Minutes
- Mar 13, 2018 Council Minute
- Feb 13, 2018 Council Minutes
- Feb 7, 2018 Council Minutes
- Jan 9, 2018 Council Minutes
- Dec 12, 2017 Council Minutes
- July 10, 2018 Council Minutes
- July 25, 2018 Council Minutes
- June 12, 2018 Council Minutes
- June 20, 2018 Council Minutes
- March 14th Council Meeting
- Feb 23rd Council Meeting
- Feb 14th Council Meeting
- Feb 3rd Council Meeting
- Jan 10th Council Meeting
City Council Meeting Minutes to previous year meetings are available in the City Clerk/Treasurer office located at 410 N. Marr, Pocahontas, AR.
- 1% S&U Tax Ordinance 2007-01
- Advertising Ord 2013-09
- Condemnation of Houses, Structures, Ordinance 2011-02
- Loud Noise, Jake Brakes Ordinance 2005-08
- Property Clean Up Ordinance 2005-06
- Skateboard, roller skates – Ordinance 2001-11
- Solicitation – Non Profit Ordinance 2008-13
- Truck Traffic in City Limits Ordinance 2009-03
- Yard Sale Ordinance 2013-08
- Animal Ord. 2009-15
- Animal Ord. 2013-07, Amend 2009-15
- Animal Ord.2012-14 Amend 2009-15
- Feeding Stray Animals Ord. 2002-08 & 09
410 N. Marr Street
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Office number: 870-892-9661
Major responsibilities and duties of the City Clerk / Treasurer:
- The city clerk shall have the custody of all the laws and ordinances of the city, and shall keep a regular and correct journal of the proceedings of the city council, bid openings, public hearings and other meetings which require an official city record. (A copy of city council minutes can be obtained by contacting the city clerks office)
- Prepare minutes and official journals of public meetings requiring such records and properly file them.
- Properly record and publish city ordinances, resolutions and records as required by law.
- Prepare and publish financial statements as of December 31 of each year.
- Prepare and maintain Occupation Tax Permit (Business Privilege Permits), bill businesses for city fees and collects funds.
- Process and maintain city employee and city officials medical and worker’s compensation policies.
- Prepare, file and properly submit insurance and retirement reports.
- Prepare federal, state and social security reports at each designated date.
- Control and account for cash on hand.
- Make deposits and maintain books of account.
- Prepare census and other reports in accordance with law.
- Execute and countersign contracts, leases, bonds, and debentures.
- Review bills, properly code and issue checks in payment upon city council authorization.
- Bill the county for expenses incurred involving personnel, statements of code of ethics.
- Provide other clerical, record keeping, financial and other services as required by law or at the request of the city council and / or mayor, as directed by ordinance and by formal or informal requests.